Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Chips - Part 4

This drew another noisy laugh from the REDBRIDGE CYBERGUARD trio. They were really having fun. And Taju was the designated clown for the day.

In what sounded like sympathy, Deji said, "Y'know the woman you helped right here in this eatery? Almost near where I'm standing?"

Taju didn't answer but gears were spinning in his head.

Deji wasn't expecting an answer either. He was revelling in his victory. "Well, she works for me, you see? Her heel was meant to break. And like clockwork, you fell for it and helped a damsel in distress like the gentleman you are." He made that 'tsk, tsk, tsk' sound of disapproval with his tongue and palate. "Yea. That was when she planted our own in-house developed chip on you. It was my plan. We had to pin our chip on you to get any shot at avenging your wickedness. No other way was it possible without arousing suspicions and giving you time to act in caution, effectively blocking us out of your virtual life."

Taju blinked, taking it all in and accepting the truth of that claim.

"So, I counted on your goodness. And it scored. Our chip is next level stuff, y'know?" There was CEO-pride in his voice now and a glint in his eyes. "It was still being tested but when you decided on your own adventure, we moved fast to real-world-deployment scenario. Thank you for the opportunity, for forcing our hand and moving the process more swiftly. And from the information I'm getting, it's working like a charm."

Deji smiled proudly. "The chip identified the devices on you and copied everything on them. Then, it broke your passwords allowing login access to your privacy. It also saved the code of your own chip for our developers to unravel. We'd see how you were able to beat our defenses now. So, in another 12 hours, I'd not only own you but your chip as well as the tech behind it."

Deji was making his way out as he spoke, his acolytes in tow.

"Next time, look before you leap, boy. I've been in this game for donkey years and dealt with people with more bite than you. I outlived them all." At the door, Deji looked back with his final salvo, "When I have the time, I'd listen to your pleas for getting your life back." There was this evil smile dancing around his lips as he turned to look at Taju.

"Now, if you'd allow me, I have some business to attend to. I believe you will also want to hurry along?"

And with that, they were gone.

No comments: