Friday, August 19, 2016

Podium Calls

I was concluding one of those pieces that one re-reads with ecstasy (y'know, acknowledging one's own expertise with words *dusts shoulder*) about how excruciatingly embarrassing our Olympics participation was becoming Olympic-year by Olympic-year when I stopped mid-sentence. Reality had set in. I was abruptly shoved back to earth, literally.

It was accomplished rather easily, this clarity. It came as one word.

REALLY?

Yea, that was it. Really? So simple. So short. So clear.

REALLY?

Pardon the cliche, LIKE SERIOUSLY? I mean, it's not like (another cliched expression, sorry) it really matters. I mean (sorry, again), we have a myriad of problems and all you can think about is the Olympics? Are you alright? Common Kerosene is not there and you're looking at Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh? Oops, sorry, what are those other medals again?

*vigorous shake of the head*

That's all.

Oh, I deleted that earlier piece. Painfully, though. It took me time to research all the details I had included in it.

*sigh*

No comments: