Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tis an Android Life for Me

Are you pro-Apple or a fan of Android? Or, to put it mildly, do you root for the other platforms not part of the hierarchical duopoly in the smartphone leaderboard? Lol...just kidding.

On a serious note, though, many already concede the fact of my bias for all things Android. But, it's a matter of perspective.

I've fought Apple fans for longer than I can fathom but have come to a point where I lay bare my preference for Android with the reasons why and allow whomever wants to embrace it do so, or find their fulfillment in the warmth of other platforms.

What this implies is my love for the Android platform isn't blind or harebrained. It's based on the privileges offered by said platform and factors such as the availability of a wide array of options, customisability, and breakneck innovation. When Apple offers these (not to belittle the revolution Apple Bergson in smartphone tech), it may get a lot more of my attention. But until then, and with Android blazing a trail with the "tear rubber" version 5 of their sweetness "Lollipop" (which several tech bloggers have reluctantly agreed brings Android into the hitherto stronghold of Apple - aesthetically awesome User Experience), it may never get that attention.

It's alright to see this view as "Selective Objectivity", no qualms. It's one perspective and it's appreciated. I'd go with "Informed Choice", but that also will be a perspective. Mine, this time around.

No comments: